The court system is stacked against victims of red-light/speed-camera tickets. They are hoping you will just give up and pay the ticket. Don’t.
Facts to know about this “ticket”:
We have a sample affidavit that you can modify and send to the court (instead of the paperwork that they send you to fill out). You should NOT have to go to court if you send in an affidavit. We are not lawyers and don’t guarantee that this will work, especially since each city’s judges vary greatly, but we haven’t heard of anyone having problems with this method yet.
1. Download this sample affidavit, and modify all the RED text to fit your information.
2. Copy the documents that were sent to you and include them with your affidavit. Keep the originals.
3. Do NOT fill out any paperwork that was sent with the ticket.
4. Mail everything to the actual city municipal court, Be careful not to send it to an out of state address that might be printed on the “ticket”. You might have to look up the address of the court.
5. It could take a week or two but the court will probably send you a letter to tell you that they have received your documents.
6. We can’t say for sure how long it will take for the court to respond, but it typically takes about 1-2 months. You should receive a letter stating that it has been dismissed.