The court system is stacked against victims of red-light/speed-camera tickets. You could spend countless hours of time proving that your ticket was a scam. They are hoping you will just give up and pay the ticket. Don’t. There are easy ways to beat the red-light ticket scam. Our advice is below. Facts to know about this “ticket”:
We have a sample affidavit that you can modify and send to the court (instead of the paperwork that they send you to fill out). You should NOT have to go to court if you send in an affidavit. We are not lawyers and don’t guarantee that this will work, especially since each city’s judges vary greatly, but we haven’t heard of anyone having problems with this method yet.
INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Download this sample affidavit, and modify all the RED text with your information.
2. Copy the documents that were sent to you and include them with your affidavit.
3. Do NOT fill out any paperwork that was sent with the ticket.
4. Mail everything to the actual city municipal court, not to the out of state address on the ticket. You might have to look it up.
5. It could take a week or two but the court will probably send you a letter to tell you that they have received your documents.
6. We can’t say for sure how long it will take for the court to respond, but it typically takes about two months. You should receive a letter stating that it has been dismissed.
Tell us your stories on how you fought them, and what the outcome was. Please remember to include the location of the court you dealt with, since it varies widely from city to city. Please tell your stories in the comment box below, so you can help out other people with your experiences!